Andy Burnham MP is seeking to appoint a Parliamentary Assistant /Junior Secretary to work in his Westminster Office. This post is term-time only, 33 weeks a year, 30 hours / 4 days a week and is therefore equivalent to a 0.5 post, for a fixed term to the end of March 2012.
Salary in line with IPSA guidelines.
Closing date for applications is 4.30, Tuesday, 19 April and interviews will be held in Westminster on Friday, 6 May. It is anticipated that the successful applicant will start this post on, or soon after, 6 June.
Please apply only by post, following the guidelines below and including the names and addresses of two referees.
The successful candidate will:
• join a very busy team working remotely with the Constituency Office staff in Leigh and in Westminster alongside Andy’s Political Advisor and HE Intern.
• be exceptionally well-organised and able to work under pressure
• be able to prioritise the work load and see jobs through to the end
• be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of departments, agencies and other MPs’ offices
• undertake a range of duties for routine office admin to higher level research and drafting briefs/ responses.
How to apply
Please submit a letter of application no longer than 2 pages of A4 ensuring that you are including evidence for all the essential criteria from the Person Spec and using the Job Description to show how you are suitable for this post to:
Rt Hon Andy Burnham MP
10 Market Street
• ensure that you include your contact details
• include your education / training details
• confirm that you are permitted to work in the UK
• include the names and addresses of two referees, showing the length of time you have know each one and your relationship to them
• your period of notice
• do not submit a CV
• It will not be possible to reply to all applicants and if you have not heard back by 21 April, it is regretted that you have not been successful on this occasion.
See Person Specification here.
See Job Description here.