Replace "http://www.burnhamformayor.co.uk"

Burnham For Mayor

Monday 7 April 2014

Supporting Whizz-Kidz

I met two very special people at the home of Everton FC ahead of my London Marathon challenge

For Whizz-Kidz, I am raising money specifically for two young people in Merseyside – Jacob aged 3 from Prescot, and Dan, 19 from Bootle – changing their lives with vital new mobility equipment that gives them independence.

I’m really pleased to be running the London Marathon for Whizz-Kidz, and to be able to support two young disabled people in the North West to get the equipment they need is fantastic. Previously, I met a young man who plays for Everton in the Community wheelchair league – using his Whizz-Kidz sports wheelchair which I think is a great link between my chosen charities.

Money raised for Everton in the Community by Andy will specifically be used to support ‘Pass on the Memories’ – a pioneering programme delivered by Everton in the Community, in partnership with Mersey Care NHS Trust, to support people living with dementia and their carers.

You can support my fundraising efforts by visiting my Justgiving Page.

Whizz-Kidz is a national charity and leading provider of mobility equipment, including powered and lightweight wheelchairs, life skills training and advice and support for disabled children, young people and their families.

Whizz-Kidz has changed the lives of over 18,000 disabled children since 1990 - often literally overnight. The charity estimates there are still over 70,000 children in the UK waiting for the right equipment to fit their young lives.