Replace "http://www.burnhamformayor.co.uk"

Burnham For Mayor

Monday 30 April 2012

Lacrosse World Cup launch

The English Lacrosse Association launch their Bid to host the 2017 Women’s World Cup at Westminster last week.

I joined MPs from across the political spectrum to demonstrate my support by signing the ‘Back the Bid’ England flag. 

This bid gets my support as I know the economic value it will bring to its local community. England will do an excellent job hosting this tournament and I wish the English Lacrosse Association every success in this venture.

The final decision will be made by the Federation of International Lacrosse in June this year. The proposed venue for the event is Surrey Sports Park, Guildford, having welcomed the Lacrosse Home Internationals in April this year and the Women’s Rugby World Cup in 2010. Thirty nations are expected to compete in the FIL Women’s World Lacrosse Cup in 2017 in comparison to the 16 countries that competed in Prague in 2009.