Replace "http://www.burnhamformayor.co.uk"

Burnham For Mayor

Tuesday 8 October 2013

An invitation to Leigh's Veteran Community

I will be hosting my annual Veterans Luncheon on Friday, 8th November 2013 at Leigh Miners’ Welfare Institute commencing at 12noon.

Now in its 8th year the event brings together veterans from across the Leigh Constituency as well as veteran organisations. Over 150 veterans attended the 2012 event.

I have written to veterans across the constituency but am conscious that there will be veterans who do not receive a formal invite and I am keen to raise awareness of the event. Veterans can confirm their attendance by calling my office on 01942 682353 or by email here.

I know that veterans across the community look forward to attending, catching up with comrades and remembering the contribution and sacrifice of all those who have served their country across the globe.

I hope that this small gesture will show Leigh’s appreciation for the valuable service our local veterans have given and continue to give to local life.