Replace "http://www.burnhamformayor.co.uk"

Burnham For Mayor

Monday 15 November 2010

Last Friday, I held my now annual Veterans Luncheon at Leigh Miners’ Welfare Institute, off Twist Lane, Leigh to recognise the sacrifice and contribution of veterans across the Leigh Constituency and to commemorate those who lost their lives in conflicts across the globe in the service of their country.

I was delighted that the Mayor & Mayoress and members of the council were also in attendance.

Over 120 veterans from across the Leigh area were in attendance with entertainment provided by pupils from Lowton St Mary’s CoE Primary School.

It’s a real honour for me to be able to organise this event. I’m immensely proud to be the MP of such a great constituency, and that is possible because of the courage and determination of Veterans across the Leigh area who stood up for what is good and right. This year’s event is a celebration of those men and women, and along with communities across the Leigh area, I am personally grateful to them for their service to our country.