Replace "http://www.burnhamformayor.co.uk"

Burnham For Mayor

Wednesday 27 October 2010

My annual Veterans' Luncheon

This week I have invited HM Armed Forces veterans to attend my annual luncheon to recognise the sacrifice and contribution of veterans across the Leigh Constituency and to commemorate those who lost their lives in conflicts across the globe in the service of their country.

A now established date in the calendar this year’s event will take place on Friday, 12th November 2010 at Leigh Miners’ Welfare Institute, off Twist Lane from 12 noon-2pm.

In previous years the event has been full to capacity so I am asking veterans who wish to attend to book their place by contacting my constituency office on 01942 248958.

It’s a real honour for me to be able to organise this now annual event. I’m immensely proud to be the MP of such a great constituency, and that is possible because of the courage and determination of Veterans across the Leigh area who stood up for what is good and right. This year’s event is a celebration of those men and women, and along with communities across the Leigh area, I am personally grateful to them for their service to our country.

On the weekend of Remembrance Sunday, the event will also commemorate those who paid the ultimate sacrifice at home and abroad in service to their country.